A. Harpak+ & M. Przeworski+. The Evolution of Group Differences in Changing Environments. arXiv 2020.
S. Mohammadi*, L. Yang*, A. Harpak*, M. Rodríguez-Ordoñez, S.H. Alvarez, J. Storz, S. Dobler, A., Crawford, P. Andolfatto. Selection maintains co-adapted amino acid substitutions in toxin resistant toad-eating frogs. bioRxiv 2020.
Q. Yu, M. Gralka, M. Duvernoy, M. Sousa, A. Harpak, O. Hallatschek. The local mutational landscape of demographic noise in microbial range expansions. bioRxiv 2020.
A. Harpak+, N.R. Garud, N.A. Rosenberg, D.A. Petrov, Matthew Combs, P.S. Pennings, J. Munshi-South+. Genetic Adaptation in New York City Rats. Genome Biology and Evolution (in press) 2020; (featured in Nature, The Guardian, The Independent, New York Post, Newsweek, The Sun and more)
6. H. Mostafavi*,+, A. Harpak*,+, I. Agarwal, D. Conley, J.K. Pritchard, M. Przeworski+. Variable Prediction Accuracy of Polygenic Scores Within an Ancestry Group. eLife 2020 (cited over 50 times, less than a year post publication; featured in a VICE article and an eLife Digest)
7. J.J. Berg*, A. Harpak*, N. Sinnott-Armstrong*, A.M. Jørgensen, H. Mostafavi, Y. Field, E.A. Boyle, X. Zhang, F. Racimo, J.K. Pritchard, G. Coop. Reduced signal for polygenic adaptation of height in UK Biobank. eLife, 2019 (cited over 150 times, a year post publication; featured in an eLife editorial and in Quanta magazine)
8. E. Glassberg, Z. Gao, A. Harpak, X. Lan, J.K. Pritchard. Measurement of selective constraint on human gene expression. Genetics, 2019 (Chosen as GSA Genetics Spotlight publication for 2019)
9. V. Garcia, E.C. Glassberg, A. Harpak, M.W. Feldman. Finite-sites multiple mutations interference gives rise to wavelet-like oscillations of multilocus linkage disequilibrium. Journal of the Royal Society Interface, 2018
10. A. Harpak+,*, X. Lan*, Z. Gao, J.K. Pritchard+. Frequent nonallelic gene conversion on the human lineage and its effect on the divergence of gene duplicates. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), 2017
11. R. Sun, Z. Hu, A. Sottoriva, T.A. Graham, A. Harpak, Z. Ma, J.M. Fischer, D. Shibata, C. Curtis. Genetic Diversity in Multi-Region Sequencing Data Reflects the Mode and Tempo of Tumor Evolution. Nature Genetics, 2017
12. A. Harpak+,*, A. Bhaskar*, J.K. Pritchard. Effects of mutation rate variation on the distribution of allele frequencies in humans. PLoS Genetics, 2016 (award for 1/10 best abstracts by the American Society of Human Genetics (ASHG); F1000Prime recommended paper)
13. A. Raj, S. Wang, H. Shim, A. Harpak, Y.I. Li, B. Engelmann, M. Stephens, Y. Gilad, J. K. Pritchard. Thousands of novel translated open reading frames in humans inferred by ribosome footprint profiling. eLife, 2016
14. A. Harpak+ and G. Sella+. Neutral null models for diversity in serial transfer evolution experiments. Evolution, 2014